It was great, I love this shit.
It is kind of confusing when they talk about western food though. Because they have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, when even I, who knows very little about cooking, thinks what they’re saying is complete nonsense. Like at one point they said that beef stew evolve from beef bourguignon. Um… no. Why would you even think that the more simple dish evolved from the more complicated dish…
The most hilarious instance of this kind of thing was the episode where they cook hamburgers. Here’s the first entry:
Now, I am not a stickler for definitions, but that is not a hamburger.
The next guy was a stickler for definitions:
Um… WTF? How do they even come up with this shit? Pickles and sauce are necessary components of hamburgers? Lol…
Not that it really matters. I’m just watching for the naked people
having sex eating food. And wow does it deliver there.
- Storytelling – B – Lol. They’re eating food!!!
- Voice – A – Yep, nothing like it.
- Characters – B – Did a good job fleshing out some of the more minor characters. The ones from the first season didn’t get too much screentime though.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my attention throughout, the somewhat repetitive tournament didn’t outlive its welcome.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – B
Recommendations –Yakitate Japan, Ben-to
1 thought on “Shokugeki no Soma Review — B”
didn’t change at all, but the tourney fighting coming of age food porn epic is still going strong