A girl is sucked into a magical ears where she gains the power to save the world through rock and roll. Also, nekomimi.
I liked this way more than I thought I would. I mean… just look at it:
Yeah. It seems really really dumb. And it is. But it’s a show with a lot of enthusiasm and heart to it. It’s nothing deep. Mostly just some crap about friendship. But the show manages to present this in a creative enough way, with enough love for the characters, that it was able to keep my very limited attention.
I think my favorite part of the show is its sense of humor. There’s another boy band, the SHINGAN * CRIMSONZ (or something like that), and they’re really dumb, crazy guys. The show has this general feeling of absurdity, i.e., one of the band members happens to be an alien, one of the rock groups plays traditional Japanese music (of a sort), and the entire premise of the show is that rock musicians fight evil monsters in the first place. Oh, and one of the main characters is a talking guitar.
- Storytelling – C – A typical story, but a unique presentation.
- Voice – B – The different types of bands and the rock battles are certainly unique.
- Characters – B – Retoree is best girl. Love the boy band.
- Attention Grab – C – Never lost my interest. I’m honestly surprised.
- Production – C – They’re unique, but not sure about those CG rock battles.
- Overall – C