Topless heroes battle aliens.
So, this is basically nothing like Gunbuster. It’s over the top, filled with passion and beautifully animated. I didn’t even believe it was actually a sequel to Gunbuster until halfway through. And once I figured it out, I was very impressed, although I won’t explain how for fear of spoiling. Suffice to say I am amazed that they could turn something like Gunbuster into something like this.
Diebuster is essentially Gurren-Laggan except superior in every conceivable way. Reaching for the heavens. Tossing around planets. It’s got it all. But it manages to do it even better in a quarter of the time.
- Storytelling – A – Great. Seemed silly at first, but once it tied it into Gunbuster…
- Voice – A – Very epic. Animation style kind of like FLCL.
- Characters – A – The two main characters get lots of screentime and we understand them well. The side characters are given strong characters despite very little time given to them through the use of small details.
- Attention Grab – A – Very interesting, and short to boot.
- Production – A – Like FLCL but with greatly improved animation quality.
- Overall – A
Recommendations – Tenga Toppa Gurren Laggan, FLCL
2 thoughts on “Top wo Neare 2: Diebuster Review — A”