“What is truth?” — John 18:38
Hey Rie, way to hijack both the conversation and your father’s funeral to hit on Shinjuurou!
But wow, this was amazing. Best episode of UN-GO, by far. Best episode of the season, actually. My mind was blown after the scene in the diet chamber, and I thought the episode was going to end soon. I went to check, and it wasn’t even half done! And the rest just got better and better.
Why was it so awesome? Well, here are a few reasons:
- There’s simply so much going on. This episode had more content than some series.
- The mystery is compelling and thought provoking. I have no real clue what happened, even though the show has led me to develop a ton of theories.
- The show has a great sense of how to deliver the unexpected. That car explosion? Didn’t see that coming at all. Izumi’s forced reveal of a crime over ten years old? The same. Pretty much everything that Diet lady did? Same thing.
Hell yeah! I love this show’s female characters, and the woman from the diet especially. She acts like a klutz, but she’s a genius!
“Huh?” Oh man. That stupid / confused act! And I love the pose.
Oh god the three “really”s and that deadpan look! I’m sure she’s sincere!
My theory is that she’s involved with things somehow. Especially based on how she called in Inga during the session. That wasn’t part of the plan.
- Part of what makes Kaishou and Shinjuurou’s relationship so compelling is how much they trust each other, despite tending to be on opposite sides. I love how certain Kaishou is that Shinjuurou will solve the mystery. And based on a whistle from Kaishou, Shinjuurou knows where to look.
- Kazamori’s stretching and her impressions were just too adorable…
- Inga and Bettenou together are also cute. It looks like Bettenou is Inga’s big sister and she’s bullying him.
- And a great tackle by Izumi.