The villains go on a journey to save the world from the heroes.
I think that thematically, this show is great. See what I wrote earlier. When so many other anime are all about believing in yourself or making friends and crap Yatterman actually attempts to say something interesting. So kudos for that.
It’s also pretty funny. Although maybe you need a certain type of sense of humor. But I thought it did a great job combining the comedic bits with the serious bits. Actually, the show may have only worked so well thematically because the Yatter Kingdom is so absurd.
A few negatives: Alouette annoyed the crap out of me. And the lolicon romance was awful. Oh, and the ending was a bit corny.
By the way, I never saw the original Yatterman, and I don’t think it really mattered.
- Storytelling – B – Excellent communication of the themes.
- Voice – B – Nice goofy feel, love the random robots.
- Characters – B – Simple but they work.
- Attention Grab – B – LNever bored.
- Production – B – Looks good. Distinctive animation style.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Gatchaman Crowds