Sky wizards fight sky beetles.
This was the unbelievably generic crappy fantasy anime of the season that I was never entirely sure why I was watching. And Kuusen Madoushi lived up to my expectations perfectly.
It was unbelievably boring, the animation was ugly, the characters were the usual tropes and developed in the most predictable and dull directions, and the main character was essentially a duller version of Kirito but without any of Kirito’s motivation, as limited as it was.
I can’t believe I wasted so much time watching this.
- Storytelling – F – Dull, dull, dull.
- Voice – F – Seen the magic school tournament a million times before.
- Characters – F – A lesson in how not to write characters.
- Attention Grab – F – BOOOORRRRRING.
- Production – D – Looks pretty bad.
- Overall – F
Recommendations – Don’t be like me and continue watching shows you know are going to be awful with 100% certainty from the first episode. Especially when you are too lazy to even update your blog.