The greatest power is laziness.
I like the manga for this quite a bit and the show was good as well. The main thing this has going for it is the main character, he is lazy as fuck except when it comes to sleeping with his friends’ mothers. He also has this Lelouch type thing going where he’ll outsmart all his enemies with the power of SCIENCE. I always like these kind of characters.
I also quite like how this show goes about its’ world building. It doesn’t waste time explaining things to the audience, it just runs with it, and the characters treat the world they live in as perfectly normal. For example, the magical pets: they never really talk about them, they just act as if they’re not unusual at all. This seems obvious but very few anime really do this, they tend to get tied down in explanation after explanation.
The only bad things are, I’m not sure about the style of drawing lips, the empress needs more screentime, and the show needs another season or two.
- Storytelling – B – Good worldbuilding.
- Voice – B – Unique main character.
- Characters – B – Main guy is great, same with everyone else he interacts with. One weakness though is that none of the characters have relationships with each other except through him.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – Code Geass
3 thoughts on “Alderamin on the Sky Review — B”