Our hero tortures cute little girls half to death with his scissors that he inherited from a serial killer.
I love Crime Edge. Does that make me a terrible person? Probably. But I’m pretty sure the only person I’m fooling at this point is myself.
Crime Edge is weird. It has a bunch of people trying to kill each other with ridiculous weapons such as scissors, syringes, whips and nooses. All of the characters are, for the most part, completely insane. They have lots of unusual fetishes too, such as cutting hair, getting strangled, licking, nibbling on ears, etc., etc.
A few choice moments to give you an idea. This one guy looks like he’s on his deathbed. His last words: “The truth is… I lied. Your hairs aren’t split at all.” Another brilliant quote: “If you didn’t have knives or a kill count, you’d be a pretty nice little girl.”
All this is presented with complete seriousness. The show also uses this cutesy art style which contrasts nicely with the show’s content. And the two lead characters are absurdly innocent despite everything they undergo.
Crime Edge was one of my favorite series this season (although there wasn’t much competition). It’s not going to be for everyone, however.
- Storytelling – B – Really weird.
- Voice – A – Brutality and weird fetishes contrasted with the innocence of the characters.
- Characters – B – Completely ridiculous.
- Attention Grab – B – Keeps your interest with thoughts of “I can’t believe they did that.”
- Production – B – Nothing remarkable, but I do like the cutesy art style and how it contrasts with the show’s content.
- Overall – B