It’s been nearly three years since I updated my list of favorite anime. I figure it’s about time. A few notes:
- This list is only for TV anime, not movies or OVAs. In case I never get around to writing posts on those (a highly likely scenario) my favorite movies are Whisper of the Heart followed by A Place Promised in Our Early Days followed by a bunch of Miyazaki movies and the Haruhi movie. My favorite OVA is Detroit Metal City, followed by Diebuster.
- My tastes are pretty varied, I feel, although sci-fi, fantasy, and horror are each heavily represented. The two things that draw most of these shows together are strong characterizations and creative settings.
- If you want to compare the changes, here is the original list.
- Take the rankings with a grain of salt. The difference between #31 and #32 is approximately nothing.
- If anyone’s wondering why Bokurano isn’t on my list, it’s because I haven’t watched it yet. Once I watch Bokurano I will have no good anime to look forward to and will have no need to ever watch anime again.
- If anyone’s wondering why Narutaru isn’t on my list, it’s because it sucked. Except the OP. That was pretty darn good.
- This list is objectively accurate, and anyone who disagrees is WRONG. It’s not like the order would have been completely different if I wrote it yesterday instead.
Without further ado, here it is: the list of my favorite 50 anime.
The Count of Monte Cristo, anime version. Everything that made the original Count of Monte Cristo so great, except it also looks pretty. Oh, and with mecha and traps. Of course. It is anime, after all. Continue reading My Favorite Anime v. 2