Now that we’ve moved into 2014, let’s look back on the past year.
Only shows that finished in 2013 are eligible. (So Kill la Kill is not.)
All the music sucked this year except for Shin Sekai Yori and AKB0048, and the latter is only because they brainwashed me. Actually Kyoukai no Konata and Tamako Market had okay music too from what I recall. But the point is, J-Pop sucks.
- Little Busters — All Females Except Rin. Ugh I hated this show.
- Maouyuu Maou Yuusha — Stupid Maid. That speech was so bad.
- Robotics; Notes — Kai. Ugh.
- Sakurasou — Mashiro. So annoying. Like dating a three year old.
- Devil Survivor 2 — Every single fucking character.
- Oreimo — Ayase. She used to be the best character (not that that’s saying much for Oreimo) but then they completely ruined her.
- Suisei no Gargantia — Amy. Talk about a useless main character.
- Date a Live — Tohsaka. It’s saying quite a bit when the loli isn’t the worst character in the show.
- Crime Edge — Main Girl. It’s just disappointing when the show was filled with so many awesome crazies and the main love interest is so normal.
- Dog and Scissors — Everybody. Especially the main girl because she showed up the most.
- Kamisama no Inai — Scar and Old Guy. Had cool backstories but ended up as babysitters. Literally.
- Walkure Romanze — Cat Girl. Why…
- Galilei Donna — Middle GIrl. Completely useless.
- Kyoukai no Konata — Mirai. So annoying.
- Nyaruko — Hasuta. Fuck Hasuta.
- Zetsuen no Tempest — Dead Girl. She was pretty cool.
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure — Jojo #2. He was even better this year though…
- Shin Sekai Yori — Saki. Great to see her grow over the course of time.
- Yahari ore no blah blah blah — Main Guy. He was pretty funny.
- Suisei no Gargantia — Chambers. One of the few things the show did right.
- Rozen Maiden — Adult Jun. That turned out way better than I expected.
- Genshiken — Ogiue. Really should be number 1 but her role wasn’t too big. 🙁 Curse them for skipping the best part of the manga.
- Hataraku Maou-sama — Assisstant. Shit.
- White Album 2 — Black. Wow a main winning love interest in a drama that I don’t hate.
- Uchouten Kazoku — Frog. Lol it’s a frog.
- Love Lab — Green. Best girl of the year.
- Gatchaman Crowds — Hajime. Never got the hate. She was awesome.
- Valvrave — ERU-ERUFU
- Minami-ke — Kana and Fujioka. Just get married already.
- Zetsuen no Tempest — Mashiro and Red. I swear this show should have just been a love comedy.
- Tamako Market — Tamako’s mom and dad. From only one episode. I really need to get around to watching that movie.
- Date a Live — Origami and main guy. Well main guy doesn’t really matter.
- Hentai Ouji — Main guy and short girl. So cute. Although her sister was also funny.
- Nyaruko — Kuu and main guy. Or Kuu and Nyaruko, I’m fine with that too.
- Danganronpa — Main guy and magical detective girl. Too bad it didn’t go anywhere.
- Majestic Prince — I put this on here a year ago but I don’t remember why…
- Servant x Service — Cosplay Girl and what’s his face. Imouto needs to up her shipping powers.
- Mushibugyo — Main guy and bug girl. So cute together.
- High School DxD — Main guy and Casper. The perfect couple.
- Hataraku Maou-sama — Main guy and tsundere. Traditional but whatever it worked.
- White Album 2 — Main guy and Black. Great romance.
- Love Lab — Everyone with everyone. Perfect shipping storm. Almost as good as Gundam Build Fighters.
- Valvrave — ERU-ERUFU x Princess. I cried.
- Valvrave — ERU-ERUFU x Marie. I cried.
- Valvrave — ERU-ERUFU x Haruto. I cried.
Ok actually this is every anime. Time for mergesort.
Unwatched: Ace of Diamond, Amnesia, Arata Kangatari, Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman, BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Blood Lad, Brothers Conflict, C3-bu, Coppelion, Cuticle Detective Inaba, Da Capo III, Diabolik Lovers, Fantasista Doll, Freezing S2, Futari wa Milky Holmes, Gen’ei wo Kakeru Taiyou, Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni, Gifuu Doudou!, GJ-bu, Gundam Build Fighters, Hajime no Ippo S4, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties, Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride, Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation, Karneval, Kimi no Iru Machi, Kingdom 2, Kiniro Mosaic, KKK, Kuroko no Basuke S2, Kyousougiga, Litle Busters ~Refrain~, Magi, Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, Meganebu, Monogatari Second Series, Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, Non Non Biyori, Phi Brain, Photo Kano, Ro Kyuu Bu SS, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, Space Bros, Tamayura ~More Aggressive~, Unbreakable Machine Doll, Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%, The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc, Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta, Vividred Operation, Yuushibu, Yuyushiki, Zettai Bouei Leviathan
Shorts: Don’t know, don’t care.
Actually, I didn’t watch Gundam Build Fighters in 2013, but now I have, and it’s awesome. A-. Will write a review once the second season finishes.
64. Devil Survivor 2 The Animation — F
Horrible in every conceivable way.
63. Little Busters — F
What a waste of a good part of my life (even with skimming).
62. Dog and Scissors — F
The only show this season I truly regret finishing.
61. Maoyuu Mao Yuusha — F
Wins the award for biggest insult to humanity for the season.
60. Senran Kagura — F
59. Infinite Stratos 2 — F
Generic harem snorefest.
58. Walkure Romanze — F
All the horny horses weren’t enough to make this show any good.
57. Free! — D-
Nuts! But mostly butts.
56. Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. — D-
Made the first season look good.
55. Watamote — D-
Good ideas but held back by repetitiveness.
54. Danganronpa — D-
Awful in every way, but I couldn’t stop watching.
53. Galilei Donna — D-
Galileo Galileo~~~ He invented the telescope, airplane, time travel, and japanese candy, and fell in love with his great great granddaughter and wrote crappy poetry.
52. Aku no Hana — D
I hated watching this.
51. Red Data Girl — D
Couldn’t even follow this.
50. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo — D
Panties arne’t powerful enough to solve all the problems we’ve got here.
49. Robotics; Notes — D
Didn’t know where it was going.
48. Sasami-san@Ganbaranai — D
Stylish but ultimately empty.
47. Fate Kaleid Liner PRISM ILYA — D+
Ilya is a magical girl advised by Rin. Not quite as awful as it sounds.
46. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio— Ars Nova — C-
Ship them ships! Kind of a waste, with the loli and all this “feelings” crap.
45. Love Live! School Idol Project — C-
Nico nico nii~~~! Aside from her it was boring.
44. Magi — C-
Morrigana is cute. Otherwise not much to offer.
43. Shingeki no Kyojin — C-
It’s better than Sword Art Online. I guess.
42. Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2 — C
Still manages to retain the charm of the first season. Unfortunately it was never all that great.
41. Majestic Prince — C
Ugliest thing I’ve ever seen but still enjoyable despite that.
40. OreShura — C
Solid harem show.
39. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. — C
The school club harem with a twist— the main character acts like an ass.
38. Kyoukai no Kanata — B
Looks gorgeous. The story was not that interesting though.
37. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S — C+
Less lesbian tea parties, more blowing shit up. Too many lolis though.
36. Koroura-san — C+
Great start, decent end, dull middle.
35. Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED — C+
34. Suisei no Gargantia — C+
Lack of focus. THe first ten episodes end up not having much impact at the end.
33. Ixion Saga DT — C+
When the comedy hits it’s great. Too bad it usually misses.
32. White Album 2 — C+
One of the best love triangles in recent memory. They seem to have fallen out of favor.
31. Date A Live — C+
DATE! DATE! DATE! Hilarious but still completely retarded.
30. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT — B-
Honestly I probably rated this higher than it deserves. But Rika~~~~
29. Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi — B-
By all rights this show should be terrible. But each arc’s finale was emotionally powerful.
28. Chihayafuru S2 — B-
Too much attention to the tournaments instead of the relationships. It got repetitive.
27. Gingitsune — B-
Cute and peaceful, while avoiding being boring. I visited the shrine in the OVA!!!
26. Outbreak Company — B-
Hilarious at times, while also being very self-aware.
25. Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo — B-
24. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko — B-
Surprisingly strong showing from a harem show.
23. Servant x Service — B-
Funny. Also focusing on working adults is a nice change of pace.
22. Rozen Maiden (2013) — B-
Great coming of age story. Not so great story about magical dolls.
21. Gin no Saji — B-
20. NouKome — B-
Pretty darn funny.
19. Zetsuen no Tempest — B-
Should have stuck to being a romantic comedy.
18. Senhime Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music… — B
Fuck the moon.
17. PSYCHO PASS — B
Not as intelligent as it thought it was, but still entertaining.
16. Mushibugyo — B
Fairly standard shounen, but with a lot of heart and a good romance.
15. Minami-ke Tadaima — B
14. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W — B
Hasuta, please jump off a cliff. Otherwise hilarious.
13. Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge — B
Bizarre and terrible but I love it.
12. Genshiken Nidaime — B
Wish we could have gotten Ogiue and Sasahara instead of cross-dressing, but hey, it’s Genshiken.
11. High School DxD New — B
A perverted harem that’s completely shameless and actually funny. I love it.
10. Love Lab — B
It is possible to have cute girls doing cute things in shows that I like. If they’re funny. Like Love Lab.
9. Hataraku Maou-sama — B+
Pretty funny. Nothing too original but very solid.
8. Tamako Market — B+
Adorable, funny, and at times moving.
7. GIRLS und PANZER — B+
6. Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure — A-
Even Speedwagon is afraid of how good Jojo’s is.
5. Uchouten Kazoku — A-
Great humor and visuals.
4. VALVRAVE — Beyond 666
3. Gatchaman Crowds — A-
Quirky, stylish and unique. Something I’ve never seen anything else like.
2. Shin Sekai Yori — A-
I love horror and fantasy, and this was the perfect combination. Great atmosphere and an epic story.
1. AKB0048: Next Stage — A
ANIME OF THE MILLENNIUM.
What did you think of this season’s shows? If you disagree your taste is shit but it’s okay.